Disney Trip and New Directions...


Reagan in front of the fountain at Epcot


Our trip was absolutely magical!
A well needed trip for me , as it was the first real br
eak I have had in over a year.


Jeffrey in Magic Kingdom

I was pleased with my new camera , but I have sooo much more to learn.

Mason in Epcot

Mason , in his favorite park "Epcot". He is already trying to find all the information on Disney internship at Disney his freshman spring semester in college (he is 15). A ways to go but he has always known what he wanted. (accept when he was little and wanted to own a restaurant dedicated to his favorite food he would call "Taco Depot" !)

I "photo shopped" all of my favorites and had them printed out at Costco. They really came out nice. Even hard to impress hubby liked them.
Now I am refreshed and ready to dig in.


backround of image courtesy of the graphics fairy

On a different note , I will be redoing the website and Etsy store in the next few weeks. I have a new inspiration that I would like to follow.
"One of a Kind"
Yes, they are all one of a kind in theory now , as everything is hand made by me.
However, this has been a long time coming and I believe this move will be better all the way around.
What am I rambling about?
Let me explain. A few years ago when Sally Jean's book came out, she said in her dedication to her friends
"For encouraging the artist (not manufacturer) within
me ."

I understood what she meant even then, but was not sure how to redirect and prevent its further happening . Now it has come to the point with the wholesale orders especially , where it actually feels "counter productive".
Making the same item over and over , dozens, hundreds of times.
It makes it so my design journals are full , but my new items actually produced are fewer and fewer.
backround image from www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com

I am excited that the new website will feature items as they are made "One of a kind" and when they are gone they are gone. I can still do one that is "similar" if a customer wishes, but each will be a com
pletely individual creation.
This will allow me to follow and continue my new designs, and allow me to get them online. (also a very time consuming process, sometimes things sell at the show and never make it to
the website).back round image from graphics fairy


I think this will make for a better creative process all the way around, and allow me to continue striving to improve my work, and creativity.
back round image courtesy of the Graphics Fairy


I am also excited because I believe it will allow me to have the time to catch up (even if it's at 2am!) with reading on the yahoo groups that I have joined and not been able participate in very often. They are so full of inspiring , creative, wonderful individuals and I love them.


















Popular Posts