Studio Du-Dads

This is my newest arriving batch of my favorite antique salvaged German doll heads.
This is the pile I unwrapped , before they all got sorted according to size, and hair color (Reagan has a thing for the blond ones). and put into glass jars. I will be sharing some of these on my Etsy store, because there are several hundred in this batch alone, and my jars are currently overflowing!

Here are just a few photos of the abandoned doll factory in Germany that this particular batch of hand painted beauties came from.

They look so quiet an serene , not at all like you would picture even a factory as old as this.
The tunnels they have to dig to get them out.

At one time this room must have been full of hustle and bustle. A business thriving from the dawn of the industrial revolution, molding and hand painting thousands of lovely dolls for children everywhere.
These were never to see their ultimate destination of a child's hand however. They were considered "seconds' because of a flaw in the paint ,mold flaw,broken, etc.
Buried Treasure!!!I am so glad that after a century, they have been unearthed for another generation to enjoy them. I myself appreciate the quality that went in to even what they would have considered "flawed".

"Nothing that grieves can be called little;by the eternal laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size." Mark Twain



Reagan and I are so excited about the new Disney/ Tim Bu
rton Alice movie . We have been waiting so long ,we can hardly stand it!

Popular Posts