Wax on Wednesdays! What Did I Use ?

This week I decided to do a small 3 dimensional abstract.
I think that the ability to create such texture and dimension is part of what excites when you 
are painting, and creating a piece, in encaustic. 

In this video , I embedding , but not for the sake of viewing the embedded object. It is purely for the addition of raising parts of my composition to a 3 dimensional almost sculptural state. 

Would you like to  guess what material I used
for the 3 dimensional effect ?

Well, you will have to watch and see! :)


Supplies I used this week :
6x6 x 1 1/2" cradle board
R and F Encaustic medium
graphite powder
clay tolls
baby wipes
white India ink
red India ink
white encaustic paint
surprise household item you will have to watch and see ( don't worry you'll find out in the first 15 seconds :)


Sometimes when you receive the post via email the video does not show up. To view the video directly on the Youtube channel click

I hope you enjoy the video!

I would like to say a great BIG THANK YOU so much for joining me over on the YouTube channel.
There are now over 1000 subscribers and I am SO  excited  that you are there ! You can leave a comments on the videos , ask me questions etc.,click thumbs up if you enjoyed it , tell me if you tried the project out yourself etc.   all right there on the Youtube channel .

And, if you would like to know whenever I post a new video you can subscribe to the channel , and select the option for email notification. You can also start a playlist for all of your favorite videos etc. I think that is pretty cool .

I am putting together a giveaway next week in honor of the 1000 subscriber mark. I am trying to come up with something a little fun for everyone :)

Have a great week!
Blessings,





Popular Posts