Wax on Wednesdays ! Texture Journey #1



It has been a while since I have done any embedding videos , so I thought it would be fun to devote the month of September to discovering fun ways to embed awesome texture into encaustic !




If you would like to view this video directly on the Youtube channel click:
HERE

Supplies I used this week :
cradled board
oil paint sticks: yellow ochre, cadmium red, black, burnt umber, sandstone
clear encaustic medium
white encaustic medium
twine
Sennelier extra soft pastel 
heat gun 
torch


 There is currently a coupon at Harbor Freight Tools for this heat gun for just 8.99 !
http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-watt-dual-temperature-heat-gun-572-1112-96289.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTczMjc0MjciLCJza3UiOiI5NjI4OSIsImlzIjoiOC45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiIzNDUwIn0%3D%0D%0A
I am not affiliated with this heat gun in any way , but I have used it in workshops and it does a good job and this is a great price ! 

"Roots" Encaustic and shellac on board
I am currently doing the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge . If you would like to follow along on my Instagram click 

Also
on the note of Instagram. 
 If you follow me and would like me to follow you back to see all of  wonderful art you have been creating, BUT you have a private Instagram account , email, message , or convo me, and let me know you would like me to follow you. Call me old school but I feel funny about following people with private accounts .

I am happy to follow you back if you just let me know that is what you would like :)

Blessings to you ,
Shari  




Popular Posts