Wax on Wednesdays Wonderful Warm Colors of Fall with a Wood Glue Burn


First off some photos of the workshop this past weekend at Marco's Paper in Dayton Ohio hosted by the lovely ladies ( Debbie and Braenda) of White Iris Arts. 
b
This was a wonderful bunch .
 All of the creative juices were flowing in this room ! 

The following photos are just some of the awesome student works in the workshop . As usual when I am going through the photos at home , I wish I had my camera out taking twice as many photos. We get carried away creating and I forget to get the camera out !

Watching all of these works evolve is my favorite part. I love seeing what techniques everyone enjoys the most and where they go with it individually . Each student learned the same techniques, and each work is completely unique , beautiful , and not remotely similar. It renews my spirit each time to watch as a student falls in love with encaustic as a medium and discover what they can do with it. 
















Wax on Wednesdays !
I love the beautiful warm caramel colors of 
Fall . A wood glue burn emulates these colors quite well when done on a birch board panel. 
Supplies I used this week:
4x4" cradled birch board panels
white encaustic medium
black encaustic medium 
india ink
wood glue
creme brûlée torch
ephemera






Dry brushed texture . 
                                                          
If you would like to view the video directly on the youtube channel click 

If you are enjoying the "Wax on Wednesdays" series , please like and subscribe to the channel :) 
There are now over 80 videos !

Blessings,
Shari 

Popular Posts