Encaustic Surface Mono Types with Gel Press Plate

This week a fun technique with the Gel Press plate and mono printing directly onto the encaustic surface !


Each board has been prepped with 3 coats of white encaustic medium and fused flat. 

I am always in search of texture and pattern for mark making in encaustic painting.  This week was a fun explorative challenge in finding ways to add pattern to the Gel Press Plate that would transfer over directly onto the encaustic surface. 

This was an exciting challenge ! 
For the prints I used :
a brayer wrapped in annealed steel wire
leaves of Fall
and 
I also used an encaustic  painting that I did in a little exercise using the tjanting tool ( last weeks video) to add some great encaustic texture. I wasn't thrilled with the colors so much , but I loved the pattern and raised texture it created . 
Why not try it on the Gel Press for a mono type  !!!

This need up being my favorite mono type transfer of the day ! I think some further research into this is required there for sure :) 

Here are the supplies I used this week:




If you would like to see the video directly on the Youtube Channel Click
HERE

Want to join us on FB for the Wax on Wednesdays Project Group ?
Click HERE for details :)

Have fun !
Blessings,
Shari 




Popular Posts